Your First Orthodontic Visit
Our office is pleased to offer you a complimentary consultation at your first visit. If treatment is necessary, diagnostic records are made to determine the best course of treatment. Complete diagnostic records typically include a medical/dental history, clinical examination, photos of the patient's face and teeth, and X-rays. This information is used to develop a custom treatment plan for each patient. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of treatment as the teeth move under orthodontic care.
After the doctor has evaluated your records, he will discuss your treatment with you in detail, including the cost for your particular case.
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes about an hour. You'll then see us at regular intervals 4 to 8 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes 15 to 30 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately.
Payment & Office Policies
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient's problem. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have several payment plans to suit different budgets. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount of 5%. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months. We also offer no interest financing, low down payment options, and extended monthly payments through outside finance companies.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover card.
If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available. We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.
Convenient Online Services
We know how busy you are. That's why we're committed to providing you superior, leading-edge service. With our secure online service you will be able to:
- View your appointment and account information any time;
- Sign up for email or text appointment reminders;
- Check your payment history and see current charges;
- Print out flex spending reimbursement and tax receipts.